Career Level Consultant
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Business Systems Consultant -Report Documentation
The Business Systems Consultant serves as a business analyst for projects involving critical data processing systems.
A report analyst professional to assist with multiple initiatives, including: Document an inventory of existing reports, dashboards and data products across different platforms and domains, assessing the purposes of the reports, identifying where improvements are needed and obsolete reports. Facilitate discussions with Subject Matter Experts, end-users of reports, and technical staff to derive detailed information as to the reporting criteria and intended purpose. Create and populate templates to capture report details for both tracking the documentation and as a resource to end-users. Create training materials (documentation and presentations) for different levels of audiences and conduct training. Generate high-level requirements for proposed report modifications as a preliminary step to the business analysis phase.
Technical Knowledge and Skills::
- Analyzes existing reports (traditional, interactive and dashboard formats) for gaps, enhancements, consolidation, replacement or sunsetting.
- Facilitates interviews and follow-ups with Subject Matter Experts and technical staff to elicit purposes and action items related to existing reports.
- Creates detailed catalog of reports including domain, platform, frequency, audience, action items, usability, recipients, recommended changes, next steps.
- Facilitates and/or participates in routine meetings to review catalog and report materials with various management teams.
- Provides assessments to business or data analysts to formulate an action plan to develop detailed requirements for changes, including report enhancements.
- Creates reference documents to be used as a resource for end-users. – Creates templates for capturing basic report information to be used for existing and future reports.
- Develops a method of capturing all report information in a repository (SharePoint or other HTML based format) for a wide array of users.
- Develops methods to ensure future reports are routinely added to the repository and related documentation.
- Assesses target audiences of reports and compares to current audiences, ensuring data access security protocols are followed.
- Ensures all documentation complies with data security policies and procedures for purposes of redaction.
- Develops end-user training materials and conducts end-user training on reports.
- RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 to 8 years – REQUIRED EDUCATION: 4-year college degree