Career Level Consultant
Experience 8 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Quality Insurance Specialist – 5 years working experience required
This Q.A.Specialist is for the testing of PEGA and JAVA web-based applications. This QAS will perform functional/regression testing, SOAP/RESTful web service testing and data-integrity testing by executing and verifying SQL and stored procedures.
- Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the design, pilot, & implementation of the software quality assurance review processes.
- QAS will work with Application Teams during pre & post assessment periods.
- The QAS reports to the QA Team Lead. Tasks: Review project’s required work products to ensure compliance with approved tailored procedures and standards.
- Review and check project’s software development activities and the associated internal tasks required as employed by the project and specified in the project plan.
- Compare actual project procedures to the specified standards, procedures, and, if required, specific 3rd party contractual requirements.
- Perform detailed reviews of interim and final tasks as appropriate. Ensure process improvement opportunities are reviewed by appropriate contact to identify training needs of the organization.
- Perform or manage the required software quality phase end reviews of work product and process for each software project and produce the required software quality reports, as specified in the project’s software quality plan.
- Develop and manage short and long-term plans and schedules for organization wide software quality needs.
- Perform database integrity testing by verifying data entered/retrieved matches application requirements.
- Balance workload with team’s capacity by managing the team’s activities according to schedule and budgets.
- Coordinate and procure the required skills and techniques required. As well as other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- They must be able to compare actual project procedures to the specified standards and procedures.
- They should be able to demonstrate expertise with the most recent and relevant technologies in the quality assurance review processes.
- They must be able to understand relational database systems and execute queries and stored procedures as part of their testing.
- They must have excellent communication skills and possess the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups including vendors.
- They must have the ability of working independently and with minimal supervision
- HP UFT Product Suite
- SOAP and RESTful Web Services Testing
- Web UI testing
- PEGA Web Application Testing
- JAVA Web Application Testing
- Manual Testing
- Creating, executing test plan / test cases / test scripts
- Web Applications Testing
- Demonstrate differences between testing PEGA Web Applications and JAVA Web Applications
- Experience in PEGA DCO Sessions
- Experience in SCRUM Teams
- Run SQL queries to verify database table records match application Retrievals, Inserts and Updates
- Run Stored Procedures
- Understand Database modeling and Database Relationships
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching, conveying technical and or functional courses and concepts.
- Develop appropriate work programs and budgets and use to effectively schedule tasks and assignments.
- Identify improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services and products.
- Understand and implement test plans
- Implement UFT scripts from defined test plans
- Identify and document system defects
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- 5+ years Skill Required /Desired Amount of Experience Experience with QTP/UFT Product Suite Required
- 7 Years Experience with Database Testing Required
- 7 Years Experience with Stored Procedure Testing Required
- 7 Years Experience with writing and executing SQL Required
- 7 Years Experience with PEGA Web Application Testing Highly Desired
- 3 Years Experience with JAVA Web Application Testing Required
- 5 Years Experience with Web Application Testing Required
- 7 Years Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services Testing Required
- 7 Years Experience creating and executing test plans/cases/scripts Required
- 5 Years Experience with UFT Automated Scripts Highly Desired
- 5 Years Knowledge of Web Applications Components and Purpose Required
- 7 Years 4-year College degree or equivalent technical study Required